Last week, I was fortunate to be a speaker at Showit’s United Conference held in Phoenix. I did something I don’t usually get a chance to do: rest.
I took Grace and Ivory along with me and we went to the beautiful, yet freezing cold, Grand Canyon. It was breathtaking and so peaceful away from the day to day and being connected to the social media world. It gave me time to think about the people who are the most important in my life and how much I had become a workaholic.
Honestly, I’m glued to this iPhone, I refresh social media apps constantly, and I check Facebook before I pray when I wake up ????. If you’re like me and need to get your life back in order here’s a few things I’m trying this week:
1. Real work hours: no for real- working from the time I wake up until the time I go to sleep- is no longer acceptable.
2. Keeping a to-do list and prioritizing it in order of importance. All though pinning my recipes on Pinterest is important it’s not the most important item on my work to do list. Blue Apron recipes that’s another story. By the way, I think I’ll try their Chicken Fried Rice recipe this week.
3. Delegating tasks: I’m re-hiring my virtual assistant. Enough is enough. I can’t respond to all of my emails and remain a sane woman.
4. Asking for help: I’m superwoman but goodness an extra hand would not hurt. Even if it’s an extra hour a week of someone giving me a break. I need it.
5. Making myself a priority. Somewhere in between last minute packing and taking a look in the mirror, I realized I had taken Tomayia off the list of important people. It’s no wonder I’m grouchy and irritable at times. I’ve stopped living and enjoying life. So I’m going to ask for help so I can take care of me again.
That’s all for now, I’m going to get some rest!
I’ll tell you all about my speaker journey and experience at United next week!
Please forgive any grammatical errors as this post was uploaded from my iPhone while in the car rider line at 6:50am ????????????????????